Wednesday 3 August 2011

Broccoli and Walnut Pasta

Last night I tried a recipe from Vegetarian Life magazine (R.I.P) and it was pretty good. I basically had all the ingredients in my house which was awesome!

Ingredients
Head of broccoli - wash and cut into florets
2 Cloves Garlic (I'm a lazy bitch and use bought crushed garlic)
1 piece of bread - blitzed into breadcrumbs
50g Walnuts - chopped
2 Tbls Olive Oil (for frying)
1 Tbls Olive Oil (for tossing at the end)
1 lemon (juice and rind)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Packet of pasta of your choice (I use GF which is 250g)

Put pasta on. Add broccoli to the pasta water 2 minutes before pasta ends.
In a pan fry the breadcrumbs and walnuts with olive oil.
Once browned a litte add garlic and lemon rind.
Once pasta is done, drain well. Toss through olive oil and add fried mixture & parsley. Pour over lemon juice.

I served with the dry mixture for the melty cheese and it was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!