Thursday 17 March 2016

Vegan Omelette with Egg Replacer

I made a pretty good omelette Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg. My local health store ordered it in for me pretty easily and it's a powder so you can just keep it in the pantry. Initially I wasn't super impressed because it's not that flavorsome and was quite rubbery (more so than regular eggs) so in terms of scrambled eggs I didn't really like the texture but for an omelette it worked great! I also used it as an egg replacer in my Devil's Food Cake and it turned out well too.


Vegan Omelette with Egg Replacer

Ingredients

2x Vegan Egg (4 Tbls Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg + 1 cup ice water, whisked together)
1/2 - 1 tomato, chopped
1 large mushroom, chopped
1 green onion, sliced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup grated vegan cheese (I used Daiya Cheddar shreds but have also used Parmesan))
1 Tbls vegan Parmesan cheese (I used Follow Your Heart)
2 Tbls olive oil


Method

Whisk the salts and pepper into the egg mix then stir in the cheeses.
In a non-stick frying pan add oil and heat pan on high.
Add egg mix and let set for a minute before turning heat down to medium.
Sprinkle vegetables over one half of the egg circle.


After a few minutes use a spatula to test the non-vegetable side to make sure the bottom is set.
If so flip that side over on top of the vegetables.
If you're super skilled you can flip the omelette over after a few minutes to get both sides nice and brown, I failed and so mine was a bit messy but still delicious!


The messy (but delicious) version!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I have a stubborn 16 year old step-son... With this recipe I could easily sneak this as an omelette, but knowing that I do not cook with animal products, he would refuse to eat it! He knows veggies are healthy but rebels at the fact of the 'vegan stigma'.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message me!