Sunday 28 January 2018

Mint Julep

I had heard of this drink many times in The Golden Girls so I thought I'd give it a try! It was actually pretty amazing I won't lie. I'm not a huge fan of bourbon so I thought it would taste better with whiskey but definitely better with bourbon! This recipe from courtesy of Alton Brown.


Mint Julep
Serves 1

Ingredients

10 mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
1 1/2 teaspoons superfine sugar (I like to use sugar syrup**)
Seltzer water
Crushed ice
2 1/2 ounces Kentucky bourbon whiskey


Method

Place the mint leaves in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass and top with the sugar.
Muddle these together until the leaves begin to break down.
Add a splash of seltzer water, fill the glass 3/4 full with crushed ice, and add the bourbon.
Top with another splash of seltzer, stir, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Serve immediately.

**Note: To make sugar syrup, heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!