Friday 17 April 2020

Magic Thai Sauce

This is a fabulous recipe that I veganized from Rin S Cookbook Youtube channel. She's amazing! All her dishes are so authentic but obviously not at all vegan so I wing it where I can! This sauce is great for marinating, using as a stock, a soup or other sauce base or as a sauce alone. I threw some in the pan with my soy curls and one tablespoon was enough to beautiful flavor the whole batch (maybe 1.5-2 cups of hydrated curls). Picture at the bottom. My son loved it and he’s a picky eater! I hate them just with rice and it was such a good meal! It tastes pretty strong when you try it but a small amount spread over that much food or as a base for something and it's perfect! This makes nearly around 3/4 cup. It will keep in the fridge for at least a month although you may find it won't last that long :)


Magic Thai Sauce

Ingredients

1/4 cup vegan sugar
1/4 cup vegan fish sauce
6 Tbls tamari or GF soy sauce
1 Tbls Braggs liquid aminos
1/2 cup vegan oyster sauce or Golden Mountain seasoning sauce (you can sub with Braggs if you need to)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper


Method

Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil on a medium heat.
Once boiling lower to simmer for five minutes.
You can add a mixer of tap corn starch and 2 tsp water to thicken if you like if you're not using oyster sauce as it will help substitute the thickness but I was happy with it being liquid.
One month in fridge.
Marinated, mixed  vegetables, noodles, thai basil sauce.


 Soy curls cooked with Magic Thai Sauce


1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing piece of content, loved reading it till rest. hauteher for girls only

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message me!