Friday 26 August 2022

DIY Fairy Lantern

Well it's been a hot minute since I've done a craft post but I wanted to share this incredibly easy lantern I made for Halloween. Our Tinkerbell decided she was too cool for the group family costume this year but I felt like we still needed Tinkerbell to sell it so I made my own ;) It took less than an hour.

Obviously it doesn't have to be a fairy, it could be anything you fancy!


DIY Fairy Lantern

Materials

Clean glass/plastic jar

Moldable wire

Printable silhouette

Faux or real grass/moss

White paint (I used spray paint because I had some)

Wood/Cardstock glue like Elmers (need to dry clear)


Instructions

Firstly paint/spray paint the inside of jar and allow to dry. (In our Florida summer garage this took less than 30 minutes.)

Next glue in the bottom your faux grass/moss. (I had some left from another crafting project).



Print out your silhouette, I just got one I liked from the internet and flipped it so you could see her from either side. One side printed black, the other side I colored with permanent marker


Using a glue that dries clear, glue down the cut out inside the jar pressing firmly.



Wrap your moldable wire around the bottom grove of the jar and and twist on the handle.



All done! Now just add a battery operated tea light!
I added some dried grass for extra effect.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!