Monday 22 January 2024

Planta Queen's Bean Burger

Chef David Lee of Plant Queen shows how to make Planta's Bean Burgers on CBC!


Planta Queen's Bean Burger

Ingredients


1 tin black beans

1 tin brown lentils

1 cup ground mushrooms cooked down and seasoned

1/2 cup GF oats

1/2 cup Chickpeas mushed

1/4 cup nutritional yeast

1/2 tsp each salt and pepper

1/4 tsp chili flakes

1/2 cup shredded Beets 

1 Tbls tapioca starch

2 Tbls parsley (I used fresh)

1 tsp rosemary (I used dried)



Method


Add beans, lentils, cooked mushrooms, oats and chickpeas in a food process and pulse until smooth.

Stir in the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, chili flakes, shredded beets, tapioca starch, parsley and rosemary.

Form pattie, lightly sear on both sides and put in the oven 375F for 10-15 mins, flipping half way through.



Serve with mayo, lettuce, pickles, burger charred tomatoes/relish, cheese, yellow mustard.




3 comments:

  1. Do you know if these freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I froze a large portion of mine but I haven't defrosted them yet - when I do I will update my answer for you!

      Delete
  2. I applaud your dedication to exploring diverse culinary landscapes and promoting mindful eating. Your blog always provides insightful perspectives. Speaking of innovative food choices, have you had the chance to try Vezlay Veg Meat and Vezlay Veg Chicken? As a food manufacturer committed to quality and taste, our products offer a delectable journey into the world of plant-based alternatives. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how they could complement the fantastic themes you explore in your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message me!