Tuesday 10 December 2019

Homemade Dishwasher Tablets

This is a recipe from doTERRA which works beautifully. I initially misread the ingredients and used On Guard EO instead of the cleaner concentrate...it smelt amazing but was definitely too much for washing dishes LOL
This worked better than the Seventh Generation ones I was using, no hard water marks or grainy soap residue.


Homemade Dishwasher Tablets

Ingredients
1 cup baking soda
¼ cup citric acid
1 tablespoon doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
5 drops Grapefruit oil (I used lemon)

Method

Put baking soda, citric acid, doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate, and Grapefruit oil in a mixing bowl. Mix together until the mixture is an even consistency.
Place in silicon molds and let sit for four hours. Remove tabs.
Store in an airtight container.
Use in dishwasher in place of store-bought dishwasher tablets.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie,

    I am very tempted to try these dishwasher tablets out. I suppose I don't need to add salt separately in the salt compartment of the dishwasher because of the baking soda. But do I still need a shining/rinsing product?

    Thanks!

    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saskia! I have found this recipe works amazingly without having to add anything else to my cycle. We have very hard water and the vegan name brand I was using required me to add citric acid to the cycle to stop the streaks on the glasses but with this homemade one I've never had any issues! Let me know how it works for you!! :)

      Delete

Feel free to message me!