Wednesday 21 September 2022

Vegan Vietnamese Pork Roll

A Vietnamese chef who runs my favorite Pho place makes this pineapple juice based dressing and it reminds me of the Vietnamese pork rolls I had once more than 25 years ago when I went through a "eating meat again phase". This is definitely not authentic or accurate but it tasted amazing to me!


Vegan Vietnamese Pork Roll

Ingredients

Vegan pork (I used Like Meat brand but you can used pulled jackfruit or oyster mushrooms as well-NO SAUCE)
2 Carrots (and cucumber is desired), julienned or shredded
2 Tbls chopped cilantro
Vegan mayo
GF vegan rolls - I used Schar brand (I like to heat it in the microwave slightly so it's soft and warm)

Dressing;
3/4 pineapple juice from a can (I used the one with pineapple in and omitted the fruit)
2 Tbls vegan sugar
4-5 lemon, juiced (I used limes but it was still awesome)
1 tsp Chili flakes, Sambal Olek or Chili paste
Lettuce leaves of choice


Method

In a small saucepan heat pineapple juice to boil.
Add in sugar and lemon juice and reduce heat to simmer gently for 10-20 minutes.
Allow liquid to reduce to at least half and remove once it become slightly syrupy.
Set aside.
Cook "pork" as per directions on method chosen.
Place 1/4 cup of syrup in a small mixing bowl. 
Add in chili flakes and mix well.
Pour dressing over pork and mix through.
Smear vegan mayo on both insides of bun.
Layer on the lettuce, carrot and then pork with dressing. 
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and drizzle a couple teaspoons of dressing over the top.
SOOOO GOOD!!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!