Wednesday 6 January 2021

Christmas Lunch 2020

As depressing as 2020 was , prepping and eating Christmas lunch/dinner always makes me happy! My favourite part is the days of leftovers...yum! LOL Yes always thinking about my stomach ;)


I do a bit a prep work the day before so I don't have to do everything on Christmas morning and it's only a few hours of work the next morning so I'm ready by lunchtime and then can enjoy the rest of my food induced coma day! This is what was on 2020's holiday menu...

This delicious stuffed tofu log was actually care of the good people at Murray Hillbilly here in Jacksonville. It was so good!




Southern Collard Greens - one of my favourite things on the planet. I throw all the ingredients in a slow cooker and it's done by lunchtime ;)


Green Been Casserole - so I did it a little differently this year. I used the filling from the Mushroom & Leek Pithivier Pie (sans celeraic) and mixed in the green beans. 


Rosemary Roast Potatoes - staple in our home at the holidays...the one vegetable I can rely on being eaten LOL


Condiments...Golden Gravy and Christmas Jelly


Don't forget the sweets...

Pavlova - a classic meringue, cream and fresh fruit dessert very popular in Australia and New Zealand at Christmas time.


Hot Cocoa with peppermint essential oil, peppermint candy cane and vegan marshmallows 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!