Tuesday 3 December 2019

Southern Collard Greens

I'm seriously obsessed with southern style collard greens t the moment, I'm not at all sure why since I did not grow up with them but I seriously grave them!!! Anyway here's my vegan version of traditional southern style collard greens done in a slow cooker for ease although you can also just use a large pot and simmer for a couple hours.


Southern Collard Greens

Ingredients

2 (14-oz.) cans vegetable broth
2lbs chopped fresh collard greens
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tbls coconut oil
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp vegetable stock powder (I used Vegeta)
salt and pepper to taste.


Method

Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 9-10 hours.
Keep warm until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!