Wednesday 25 April 2012

Cashew and Chilli Jam Stir Fry

This is my lame replica of the Thai classic using the chili jam I made.





Cashew and Chilli Jam Stir Fry
Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Tbls oil
1 onion, chopped or sliced
1 packet puffy fried tofu
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 bunch kale (or any green leafy vegetable)
2 handfuls mushrooms, sliced
1 handful basil leaves, chopped
2 Tbls vegan fish sauce (or Braggs Liquid Amino)
2 Tbls soy sauce (I used Tamari)
8 Tbls chilli jam
1 handful cashew nuts, roasted
2 tsp sesame oil (optional)


Method

In large frying pan or wok heat the oil on a medium heat.
Saute onions until clear.
In a bowl add soy sauce, fish sauce andchilli jam and whisk together.
Add sauce, mushrooms and tofu and cook till soft.
You want the sauce to thicken and caramelise a little without going sticky.
Steam or blanche remaining green vegetables until leaves have wilted but vegetables are still crunchy.
Drain well.
Add to stir fry, mix through and turn off heat.
Stir in sesame oil and basil or add as garnish.
Serve with boiled rice.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a new Recipes For Stir Fry I learned because of your blog. Indeed, I really loved reading articles about different recipes and from all the dishes I saw before your recipe is my favorite. Keep sharing!.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message me!