Thursday 23 February 2017

Vanilla Birthday Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

The vanilla cake recipe comes courtesy of Chloe Coscarelli. The recipe is meant for a 9" double layer cake. For my first batch I doubled the recipe and it was a disaster. It just wouldn't cook through, after a couple of hours I  started again, just using the original recipe but only using one tin. I was able to salvage enough of the other cake to make the whale pattern, luckily! The cake was still very dense in the middle, not as light as I would have liked. Some people loved the cake, some didn't. The cream cheese frosting was a recipe from the food dye I used and it turned out great.


Vanilla Cake

Ingredients

3 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 ¾ cups Soy milk
1 cup Canola oil
¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. Vanilla

Method

Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 9-inch cake pans lightly and line bottoms with parchment.:
Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Whisk together wet ingredients and add to dry, mixing with a spoon just until well-blended.
Bake 20-25 minutes, until pick inserted in center comes out clean with just a few crumbs adhering. Invert and cool completely on wire rack.



Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

16 Oz vegan cream cheese
2 cups icing/confectioners sugar
2 Tbls non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Food Dye (I used Color Garden)


Method

Use an electric mixer to smooth the cream cheese.
Add in sifted icing sugar slowly.
Add in milk, adding more if needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!