Sunday, 15 July 2012

Vegan Hair Removal Wax

Over the weekend I road tested two vegan waxes I bought. Moom & Parissa, both I bought online, have many different hair removal products for men and women.


Parissa is a professional wax, worked perfectly, especially with shorter hairs on your legs. The strips they have in the packet to use work much better with their wax than the cotton strips I normally use. The only problem I had with Parissa is that it's a professional wax meaning you can't reuse the strips and the wax is a nightmare to get off your skin and your bathroom. You have to use oil to get it off which is messy in itself. The warm wax is completely vegan - their' other products contain beeswax.




Moom was definitely the one I will use again. It is all natural so washes off easily but still works great - similar to Nads which was my product of choice before I went vegan. I like that I can just use my cotton strips and wash the wax out. Much easier to clean the bathroom afterwards as well. This wax works a treat for bikini areas.



Next I am going to brave an attempt at sugaring...

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I'm so grateful to Mother Nature that there are vegan alternatives to bee wax strips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parissa's salon wax is not vegan though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right, it's not but their warm wax is and that's the only one I've used. Having said that I love Moom the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know if cerepil wax is vegan? I have a client asking and I can't find the answer anywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't know but I would assume not. You can email the company and ask them though, most companies don't lie about that kind of thing :)

      Delete