Wednesday 18 April 2012

Carey's Orange Tofu Surprise

My husband Carey made up this recipe - I wish I was so creative!
It was delicious! Serves around 4 with rice.




Carey's Orange Tofu Surprise


Ingredients

2 Tbls olive oil
1 onion, diced or sliced as prefered
1 bunch spinach (I used Chinese spinach)
1 block hard tofu, diced
2 Tbls soy sauce (I used Tamari)
4 tsp agave syrup (in place of honey)
Juice of an orange
4 cloves Garlic, crushed
3 Tbls red wine vinegar
2 tsp fresh Ginger (I used jar ginger as you all know :P)
2 tsp black pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp)
Bunch of coriander, chopped (optional)


Method

Heat olive oil put it in a frying pan on medium/high heat.
Add onion and garlic to pan and saute until onion is clear.
Add tofu, ginger and agave syrup.
Let this cook for 5 mins, add a dash of cayenne pepper and black pepper.
Turn down the heat to low/medium and add soy sauce and simmer for 1 min.
Add spinach and allow to wilt.
Cook for 2 mins more then add orange juice and red wine vinegar.
Let it simmer for 2 mins.
Stir through coriander and then serve with rice.


With fried tofu...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!