Sunday 23 November 2014

Miso Mushroom Noodle Soup

I loved this soup but I like miso and mushrooms. If you don't then it's probably not for you :)
I got this recipe from Miratel blog (random I know but I saw it on Pinterest). This recipe serves four small bowls or two large.



Miso Mushroom Noodle Soup

Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 shallots, finely sliced
2 small hot chili peppers, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1x 1-inch piece ginger, grated
3 tablespoons yellow miso paste
2 tablespoons soy/tamari sauce
4 cups mushroom or vegetable broth
2 cups mixed mushrooms (I used white and shiitake)
200g fresh soba or rice noodles


Method

Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot (big enough to hold all the broth and other ingredients).
Over a medium-high heat sauté the shallots, chili peppers, garlic and ginger until they are just starting to soften, but don’t let them colour.
Add the miso paste and soy sauce and stir to thoroughly coat the shallot mixture.
Add the broth, increase the heat and bring to a boil.
Add the mushrooms and bring back to the boil.
Add the noodles and cook for a remaining 4-5 minutes – the noodles and the mushrooms should be “al dente”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!