Saturday 24 June 2017

DIY Deodorant

My BFF gave me this recipe and the original is from Wellness Mama. I changed the oil to Shea butter as the coconut oil was two liquidy, but use that if that is the consistency you're after! I think Lemon and Lavender are a great essential oil combination for deodorant but you don't want more than 10-15 drops total or it will be too harsh on the skin. doTERRA Purify blend is a great one too! You can use an old deodorant stick container or just use a glass jar.
If you leave it in the refrigerator it will act like regular stick deodorant, if you have it at room temperature it crumbles a bit and you have to put it on my hand. I found this easiest anyway; take an amount around 1/2 tsp and hold on armpit until the Shea butter melts a little then you can rub it clear into the skin. I found this deodorant worked really well with or without essential oils. Just be careful of which ones you use, on my first try I used eucalyptus EO and it gave me a rash.


DIY Deodorant

Ingredients

6 Tbls Shea Butter (around 75g) - I use raw unrefined
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
Essential oils (optional-around 10-15 drops)*
Vitamin E (optional - 5 drops)


Method

Melt the Shea butter in a small sauce pan or stainless steel bowl over a low heat until completely melted.
Whisk in the other ingredients and pour immediately into desired container and place in refrigerator for an hour to set.



*Some essential oils are are great natural deodorizers are;
  • lemongrass.
  • thyme.
  • lavender.
  • tea tree or eucalyptus. (personally this gives me a rash)
  • rosemary.
  • geranium.
  • lemon.
  • I use doTERRA Purify & Lavender


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!