Saturday, 24 June 2017

DIY Deodorant

My BFF gave me this recipe and the original is from Wellness Mama. I changed the oil to Shea butter as the coconut oil was two liquidy, but use that if that is the consistency you're after! I think Tea Tree and Lavender are a great essential oil combination for deodorant but you don't want more than 10 drops total or it will be too harsh on the skin. You can use an old deodorant stick container or just use a glass jar.
If you leave it in the refrigerator it will act like regular stick deodorant, if you have it at room temperature it crumbles a bit and you have to put it on my hand. I found this easiest anyway; take an amount around 1/2 tsp and hold on armpit until the Shea butter melts a little then you can rub it clear into the skin. I found this deodorant worked really well with or without essential oils. Just be careful of which ones you use, on my first try I used eucalyptus EO and it gave me a rash.


DIY Deodorant

Ingredients

6 Tbls Shea Butter
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
Essential oils (optional)


Method

Melt the Shea butter in a small sauce pan or stainless steel bowl over a low heat until completely melted.
Whisk in the other ingredients and pour immediately into desired container and place in refrigerator for an hour to set.



No comments:

Post a Comment