Thursday 4 January 2018

Vegan Products - January 2018

It's been a while since my last product review so hopefully I haven't repeated any of these!

Maple Holistics make some amazing and simple natural skin products. I'm loving this Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum right after I cleanse my face and before I put on face cream. It's so firming and refreshing.



From Solomon's Ventures, discount store I got the following items...

Wildbrine Probiotic Salsa Verde - this wasn't bad but just tasted like sauerkraut, not salsa verde.


I found these Australian brand Freedom Foods Crafted Blends bars and I really liked them, especially the maca, chickpea and raisin. My toddler kept stealing them from me!


Got these BeechNut Organic pouches for the baby and they were surprisingly good! I always test the squeeze food before giving it to him just to make sure.


These Kind Pineapple Banana and Kale bars were very simple and raw, like Lara bars but tasty and toddler loved them so one for the win!


This Kaoka Dark Orange Chocolate was delicious!!!


I didn't really like these Vegan Rob's Wild Rice Chips but I try not to judge anything too harshly that has come from the discount store, they may have been stale of not stored properly.


I loved these Blue Moose of Boulder hummus and corn chips to go. The kids loved them in their school lunches too as something a bit different. Both are separately sealed too so you can split them up.


I wasn't crazy about these Jackson's Honest Barbeque chips but I honestly think it was the coconut oil flavor. the barbeque flavor was good.



I love these Dang sticky-rice chips, sriracha flavor. Not too spicy and great with beer!!


I didn't love these Coconut Secret Almond Coconut Bars and in fact the toddler was the only family member who didn't mind them. They were very coconut oily. The way I used to find Lindt balls too buttery I felt the same texture here.


I thought this Vegan Rob's Sweet & Salty Popcorn was really good but it got mixed reviews from the kids.


These Hippeas Sriracha Sunrise puffs are amazing. They were so good even a little stale that I went back to buy a bunch more. Toddler loved them too so obviously not very spicy. I've only ever seen them at Starbucks before this time.


I've had Simple Mills crackers before and have found them a bit bready but these Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil ones were pretty great with vegan cheese!


I didn't like these Made in Nature Coconut Chips. I think it was just the flavor, Ginger Masala Chai was just not a good combination.



Publix finds...

I got these Sprout organic snacks for toddler on recommendation from another mother and we loved the Curlz but the crispy chews not so much :(
I liked both but I think he thought the texture of the chews was weird and he doesn't do well with tart tastes.


Bolthouse Farms pea based plant milk is our new family favorite. Toddler loves it, hubby loves it and I love it. It tastes like regular milk. Similar to Ripple in taste (and price) but with out the after taste of Ripple.


Trader Joe's Finds...

Everyday Seasoning is fast becoming my go to for vegetables especially potatoes and avocado!


Quite baking soda-ry but I really like this toothpaste.



Their coconut aminos has less aminos than the leading brand but is half the price and still tastes great. Love it to marinate tofu!


I really liked the Hi-Protein Veggie Burger but toddler sadly did not. He still favours Gardein over everything else.


Found at Winn Dixie...

Winn Dixie just started selling the vegan Bold cheese pizzas which I was super excited about and noticed they had quite a bit of vegan/GF stuff in their allergy section...

I love that these Lucy's Chocolate Chip Cookies are in individual packs because it makes me feel guilty to have to open a second pack (3 in each). They were the crunchy kind which I really like too but they had a baking soda flavour to them that I wasn't so keen on.


Also at Winn-Dixie I bought this FreshJax Grill Master burger seasoning. I liked the seasoning itself but I used it in their own black bean burger recipe and was not a fan of those.


I got this Theo Cranberry Orange dark chocolate from Lucky's Market because it was $1. It was actually alright, i'm a sucker for orange dark chocolate!


If you have not used any L'Occitane products then do yourself a favour and try some. Even if it's just their 20% Shea butter hand cream. The quality of products from this French skin care line is undeniable and most products are vegan. only animal products used are beeswax and honey which are easily identified in the ingredients list.
I'm in looooorve with the Almande range, especially this Almond Shower Oil. My hubby loves the Shea shower oil. Not at all oily as you might imagine, it lathers on like shower gel and rinses of with no oily residue on you or the shower, leaving you feeling very moisturised!


I love L'Occitane face masks. The Rebalancing Face Mask is a lovely beauty spa like clay mask and the Pivoine Sublime is a range of one use (realistically 2-3 uses) flash masks. There's a 3 minute, 5 minute and over night mask. I love the over night one!


Now that my hair is starting to grow out it's gett hard to manage and I realised as my curl is coming back that I need a mousse! Pureology hair products are all vegan and I've discovered the two mousses they have to offer...
Both hold my hair around the same but I think I prefer this Clean Volume one.



Just in time for Xmas I discovered Bailey's new vegan Almond milk version of the classic! I really liked it but you can taste the almond milk quite strongly.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!