Sunday 22 April 2018

Hungarian "Chicken" Soup

This was a standard dish for me growing up, whenever I visited my Grandmother she would have it ready for us. Can be served with homemade noodles or pasta but on it's own is still a very comforting dish, lovely for when you're sick too. I used vegan chicken from the Asian supermarket but you can also use tofu.


Hungarian "Chicken" Soup

Ingredients

1 kg vegan chicken/tofu, shredded
6 cups water
1 Tbls veg stock (I use Vegeta)
1/2 Tbls peppercorn (in nut milk bag or cloth)
1 parsnip, peeled
2 stems of flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 carrots, peeled
1/2 onion with skin
1/2 tomato
1 celery stick
1/4 red capsicum/pepper


Method

Bring chicken, water & stock to boil.


Turn heat to medium and add peppercorns, whole vegetables & parsley.


Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
Take off heat and allow to cool slightly.
Remove the whole vegetables, chop and put back.
Remove the peppercorns.
Add cooked noodles/pasta if using and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!