Tuesday 25 June 2019

Vegan Product Review - February 2019

It's been 5 months so there's a lot of products to get through, I completely forgot to finishing posting this one when I posted the new one so apologies, this is from earlier in the year but you should still be able to find most items! ;)

Well the much anticipate Just Egg was not as great as I was hoping. It was $9, really only 2 servings and I had to mission across town to find a retailer who stocked it. Texture-wise it was spot on, exactly like scrambled eggs but taste-wise it was bland but worse than that had a weird aftertaste, almost chemically. Even black salt didn't help with the after taste. Back to tofu for my scrambles!


I got these Purely Elizabeth GF Vegan oats with crunchy granola in the top from the discount store. I wasn't that impressed. They were very healthy but a bit too bland for anyone in my house to approve.


Not having too much luck with my product reviews this month...These Tofutti All American vegan cheese slices were horrible. Similar to dairy plastic cheese flavor but with a nasty after taste and gritty texture. Binned the lot :(


Hubby brought me this Koia cocoa bean protein drink. It was average, kind of tasted like what it was...healthy chocolate milk.


LOVING L'Occitane's new fragrance just entitled "Rose". Using pure Provencal roses you can really smell the natural botanical. I love the new "Herbae" fragrance as well!


Love these Julie's Organic sorbets in tub and Popsicle form. Kids loved the Blackberry Popsicle while I preferred the creamy mango sorbet in a tub.


Found these No Bull burgers at the NAS Commissary. They were meaty in texture but very lentil in flavor and for $5 for two not so cheap.


Also found these Sol Cuisine Falafel which included a tahini sauce! Very tasty!


This Sonoma Flatbreads GF vegan fire-roasted vegetable pizza was pretty good. Not much competition in the market for GF Vegan pizzas unfortunately!


We found this Oatly chocolate oat milk at the discount store and the whole house went mental. Even my very carnivore husband kept asking me to buy more.


I've mentioned Glutenberg Canadian GF beer before but this is by far the best flavor, if you like stouts of course! Only available seasonally I'm still finding it at Earth Fare luckily!


My love of Violife is real. I will say though the Feta and Parmesan are my favorites. The slices are good but on par with Follow Your Heart and the shred didn't melt well.


Pamela's Biscuit & Scone Mix tasted ok but didn't make the fluffy scones I was hoping for, maybe better as biscuits because the scones were heavy.



This Monteli vegan GF cauliflower crust was so good and stayed firm. Really felt like a regular pizza crust. My hubby bought it for me at Winn Dixie but we have since not been able to find it anywhere. Accordling the Internet it should be at Publix. :(


These Gratify GF Tuscan Herb crackers were another discount store find and they were SO good! I can't wait to find them again!! Reminded me of Ritz crackers.


Got these Jackfruit "crab" Cakes from Trader Joe's, they were pretty good. Didn't really taste like crab cakes but they were decent.


I liked these Luke's Organic Bean & Seed crackers a lot, they tasted neutral, didn't break the second you dip them in your hummus and were a good size for cheese :)


I love these Enjoy Life protein bites, they basically taste like truffles. I tried many flavors now and they are all good! My three year old loves them!


I really enjoyed these Off The Eaten Path Veggie Crisps as a light cracker snack, didn't need anything with them at all!



This mushroom medley from Trader Joe's is great because it has the garlic and herbs already in it so into the pan it goes, great for fry up breakfasts!




Loving these Dark Choc bars from Trader Joes! From Belgium so you know the sugar is most likely vegan ;)


I've been very conscious of buying organic coffee after what i read about the amount of pesticides that are in regular tea and coffee...YUCK! I love buying locally if possible so I was happy when I discovered Sweetwater Organic Coffee Co. from Gainesville FL. So many to choose from and all delicious!!


I'm loving these protein bars;
Raw Rev Glo peanut butter, dark chocolate & sea salt


Pro Bar Superfood Slam not only tastes great it really is like a meal so great for on the go.


I like this Zing choc mint protein bar, tastes like a brownie covered in mint chocolate.



The Hu chocolate was very natural tasting. I liked the ones with the nut butters inside but the plainer ones tasted a bit too bitter for me.

Taza chocolate is done in the traditional style of Mexican chocolate so it is quite raw and grainy but if you can get past that it's very good chocolate. I recommend the chilli chocolate!


This Divine Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle bar was SOO good. Like Ferrero Rocher in a bar!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!