Tuesday 25 June 2019

Vegan Product Review - June 2019

Sorry, it's been a good six months since I've have the time to right a review post so there's a lot here and some maybe more seasonal and not available right now...mea culpa!

I had a few people tell me how amazing Thrive Liquid Lash Extension Mascara is and it was vegan so I thought I'd try it, and at $20 it's averagely priced. I have to say I was not a fan. My lashes weren't extended any more than they are with my normal mascaras and I didn't like the shape of the brush or the consistency of the mascara (very clumpy which is not my preference). I have to say a big thumbs down :(





I don't know why I don't have a picture of the packet so I'll have to steal on from the internet but I LOVE Sweet Loren's gluten free and vegan bake it yourself cookies! I found them in Publix and they were less that $5, which was a vast improvement on the Cappello's ones bought that were $15!! Sweet Loren's has chocolate chip, sugar cookies, fudgy brownie and oatmeal cranberry. I porbably should mention they also sell cookie dough in a jar just to eat...WHAAAA?! Yes, absolutely evil!



For reference (of how bad my photography is LOL)...


Found these Pamela's Ambition Bars at the discount store and they are organic, vegan and GF! I particularly liked the cold brew one, especially since it has caffeine in it!



At the discount store again, for the win, I found Saverne dill & garlic sauerkraut, SO GOOD!!! For those who like dill and also sauerkraut lol


Tried the Follow Your Heart Sour Cream. I'm a fan of their cheeses and dressings but honestly the sour cream was no different from Tofutti. Nothing wrong with it, just nothing special.


I found this Truth Bar in Winn Dixie and OMG it tasted exactly like a Bounty bar. So good. Not all are vegan but this one was!



So I always forget about Schar brand for GF because some of it isn't vegan but some of it is (including no sugar) so I tried this pizza crust and LOVED it! 



I am IN LOVE with Violife's Feta! It tastes more like goat's cheese to me but it still perfect for any feta related dish. I made an amazing Palak Paneer and Feta Watermelon Salad with it. Also very good just on crackers ;)


Saw these No Bull burgers and thought I'd give them a try! They very bean/legume heavy so don't have a "meat" consistency but more like a veggie lentil burger. Still good though!


I was suitably impressed (as I usually am) with Sol Cuisine's Falafel PLUS tahini sauce! So good!


I did really like Cappello's chocoalte chip cookie dough mix but not enough to pay $12 again. Sorry guys but as one of the easiest vegan GF things to make, this is a little much! I love that they have fresh pastas too but I'll have to wait for a big pay day for those!



I picked this Oatly! Chocoalte milk from the discount store and it was SO GOOD! Even my husband who literally hates everything vegan keeps asking when I'm going to buy more LOL


Sir Kensington's Fabanaise is a vegan chipotle mayo I found and thought I'd try since Just Mayo has seemed to be AWOL for quite some time now (what's going on there??) It was pretty good, on par with most of the leading brands but have a great selection of flavors!


My hubby bought me these Belvas belgium vegan chocolate truffles online and they are so delicious! They taste like Nutella truffles. 


I found expensive coffee for cheap at the discount store and of course I had to get it! I love trying new organic coffees because I'm VERY picky about my coffee (I drink it as espresso so I need it to taste good!). This Patriot Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Koke organic and fair trade coffee wasn't bad but I still haven't found one that beats Sweetwater Organic Coffee! Plus the Patriot brand is around $15 which is maybe more than I want to spend on coffee.


Chocolate Ripple...always a win! Had never tried Califia Pumpkin Spice Latte though, pretty delicious...even kids kept asking for it. Sorry I got it couple months ago so may not be available till Pumpkin Spice season!


Veggie Straws are all create equal right? Well not exactly but pretty much, they all taste fairly similar...these Organic ones from The Daily Crave were good though, my son sure loved them!


I'm seriously in love with Vegan Rob's everything. The Jackfruit Puffs are so good, my favourite I think is the Probiotic Cauliflower Puffs, taste like cheesy puffs!



Some Enjoy Life Chewy Bars are so good and others are hit or miss. These  Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed were definitely a miss with the kids, even I wouldn't eat them. The carrot cake ones were ok but of course the chocolate and blondies remain old faithfuls!


I'm a pretty big fan of Kite Hill, so far it has none but impressed me and this was no exception, Chive cream cheese (insert Homer Simpson drool noises). This was so good just to dip but I had to make cucumber sandwiches and boy did they hit the spot! Reminded me of my grandma's Hungarian cheese spread.


I got this Coconut body butter from The Body Shop when they were closing down in a mall near me and everything was 70% off...lucky they have so many vegan products! This was definitely my favourite of the things I bought and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. It was very rich and nourishing, definitely felt moisturized all day, and smells amazing. 


I love me some coconut and was excited to find some vegan mineral sunscreen by Sun Bum that was vegan and in spray form for the kids but I have to say I was a little disappointed with the consistency. It sprays on very thick and white and very difficult to rub into the skin, I ended up taking it back :(


I am loving this Pickle flavored popcorn from Trader Joe's. I love dill potato chips and these have that same flavor but healthier, right? I'm pretty sure they are healthier :)


I can't remember where I got this Nelly's Organics Caramel Nougat bar but I think it was Earth Fare. It was pretty damn good too, you get the chocolate bar hit but you can definitely taste the raw ingredients.


I love a sweet salsa and when I saw this Peach Salsa at Trader Joe's I assumed it would have sugar and therefore likely not vegan but to my wonderful surprise it had evaporated cane juice for the win! And second wonderful surprise, it was really good!!


I had heard such great things about Loma vegan tuna so I got a couple of different flavors online (since I can never find them where everyone says they buy them!) and I was a bit disappointed. It didn't taste like Tuna or have the texture or tuna. Even after adding vegan mayo I couldn't eat it :(


I love the Zing chocolate mint bar so when I saw the peanut butter one was vegan I thought I'd try it and it was ok but a bit too dry. I definitely liked the mint better.



I bought this Fruit + Greens Larabar because it was on sale and it's become my favorite one! It reminds me of a strawberry tart or something, so good!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!