Monday 13 April 2020

Soy Curl Jerky

I've been a vegan ten years and I just discovered soy curls, or maybe I new about them and with all the vegan faux meat on the market just forgot. Whatever the reason, yay! I'm so happy I discovered them again! I made some pretty yummy vegan jerky with them this weekend! I got my Butler soy curls on Amazon. It loses a alot of flavor in the baking so if you want to add more salt etc, go for it!


Soy Curl Jerky

Ingredients

4oz Soy Curls
1/4 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
1 Tbls apple cider vinegar
4 Tbls vegan brown sugar
1 Tbls Tamari wheat free soy sauce
4 drops liquid smoke
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
Black pepper to taste


Method

Hydrate soy curls as per packet instructions.
Mix marinade together.
Make sure soy curls are very well drained and not wet.
In a container mix the soy curls with the marinade and refrigerate overnight (or at least a couple of hours).
Spread out on the top shelf of your dehydrator at 160F (or in your oven on the lowest setting). The lowest oven setting  is usually above 160F so make sure you're checking them regularly.
Dehydrate for around 3 hours, until the soy curls are chewy, too early and they are too liquidy, too long and they are crunchy. Keep in an airtight container for a week.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!