Thursday 23 May 2013

Rocky Road Fudge Slice


This bar recipe is based on a Nigella Lawson recipe. It's easy, delicious and great for when you need to take sweets to a party or picnic and don't want anything messy. Plus you can use a foil tray so you don't even need to worry about remembering your platter :)



Rocky Road Fudge Slice

Ingredients

1 stick (8 Tbls) plus 1 tablespoon soft unsalted butter (I used Earth Balance)
10 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces (I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips)
3 tablespoons golden syrup or 1/4 cup corn syrup (I used corn syrup)
8 ounces plain hard and crunchy cookies (I used my Chocolate Brownie Cookies)
2 cups mini marshmallows (I used Suzanne's Ricemellow Creme)
2 teaspoons powdered sugar (I used Woodstock Organic Powdered Sugar)


Method

Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a heavy based saucepan.
Scoop out about 1/2 cup of this melted mixture and put aside.
Put the biscuits/cookies into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are looking for both crumbs and pieces of cookies.
Fold the cookie pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture, and then add the marshmallows.
Pour into a 9-inch square foil tray; flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour over the reserved 1/2 half cup of melted chocolate mixture and smooth the top.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
Cut into 24 fingers and dust with powdered sugar by pushing it gently through a tea strainer or small sieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!