Tuesday 22 January 2019

Current Everyday Cosmetic & Body Care Faves - 2019

I realised it's been close to 4 years since I last did a post on my favourite cosmetics and skin care so definitely time for an update! If you need help de-cluttering or organizing your cosmetics, which I definitely do, check out this article from One Pampered Life!

So cosmetics, I'm not a person who has to buy only from a vegan company because I appreciate some companies trying - especially if they are cruelty free to begin with and the more demand the more we will see. Plus not a lot of great brands out there that have ALL vegan cosmetics. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and it's going onto your skin...so in clothing I'll buy thrift but in cosmetics I buy quality!

The ones I'm using at the moment definitely have more to do with specific products than whole brand lines...

COSMETICS


First things first, you need to start with primer! I LOVE the Arbonne and INIKA primer. INIKA is a vegan organic cosmetic brand from Australia but now available in the states online! I tried a sample of the Hourglass Veil Primer too and I really liked it also.



Foundation I've been loving Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation (their Amazonian Clay range is all vegan as far as I understand it). I didn't love the only vegan concealer Tarte had though so I've been using a brand named Hourglass that I had never heard of but they have quite a lot in their vegan range. Powder I have a Kat Von D Illuminating powder for light coverage and a Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation for those heavy coverage days!






Still loving my INIKA bronzer that I use for contouring my cheekbones, I love the loose powder better than the baked but they are both lovely. For blush I still have an old palette by Paula's Choice who sadly don't make cosmetics anymore :(



Eye shadow wise I like a matte colour, I have brown eyes so usually browns, greys and smoky pinks/purples and luckily I still have my Paula's Choice palette. (WHY DID YOU STOP MAKING COSMETICS PAULA'S CHOICE WHYYYY!??!???) I love using the darker browns to colour in my my eyebrows with an angled brush!

I am LOVING the Chantecaille highlighter - I got one in a pack with the mascara. I mix a little in with my foundation and then use some after my whole base is done on the highlight areas and it's magical how flawless my skin looks! Yes this brand is expensive but you really get what you pay for with this brand. Very natural and made in France, mostly vegan! They make cosmetics, skin care and perfume.
I love Kat Von D liners - the Tattoo and Ink liners are vegan and have the most AMAZING precision! I don't like that they are water proof but that seems to be a trend with all cosmetics these days. The Tattoo is thinner so I love it for real detail but the Ink liners have a lot of colour options!

Mascara I still love Arbonne the best but I do really like the Chantecaille one as well. I think I really like the Arbonne brush for getting defined lashes as appose to clumpy. Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced is amazing too but I just prefer non-waterproof mascara. I've adding a couple drops of Rosemary EO to my mascara pot as well to help with hair growth and strength!



I'm still using my Lucus' Paw Paw Ointment as my go to chapstick (yes I know it has petroleum jelly in it but I just haven't found anything that works as well). Lipstick wise Kat Von D Studded matte lipsticks are amazing. (The one pictured is Cathedral which I LOVE) They smell divine, go on smooth but dry matte and have some major staying power without feeling dry. I still have some of my Manic Panic lipsticks that I love for colour but they don't seem to do much vegan lipstick anymore :(




SKINCARE


For cleansers I'm using L'Occitane's Reine Blanch Facial Scrub and Divine Cream Cleanser. That Divine cleanser will get rid of all your make up - even your waterproof stuff, it's amazing!



For toner I just use the cheap Witch Hazel because I haven't found the expensive ones to do a better job. I do really like the Andalou cleansing wipes I bought on sale. For face masks once a week I love Andalou Naturals and Eminence Organic Skin Care.



Daily cream I usually use Image Skincare daily moisturiser with SPF 32+ suncreen because it smells divine and makes my skin feel so smooth. All Image products are vegan. When I had dark spots I use Roden + Fields REVERSE Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen, it really vanquished them!


At night, after cleaning and toning I've been using L'Occitane's Immortelle Overnight Reset Serum followed by the Immortelle Youth Oil.  I used to be scared of putting oil on my face but it really penetrates so much deeper than cream so you are reaping the benefits.


BODY CARE


In the shower I use my own homemade soap (available on my Etsy store) for cleaning but for moisture and shaving I LOVE L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil. I also have been using the Delicious Scrub from their Almond collection as well, makes me feel so silky!!!


After I get out I like to spray some of L'Occitane's Almond Skin Oil in my hand and mix it with whatever moisturizer I'm currently using. I love Loccitane Almond Milk Concentrate or Milk Veil, also the scented lotions are amazing, EO's body lotion, Nature's Gate Hemp lotion.



For hands, I haven't found a better hand cream than L'Occitane's 20% Shea butter but the original contains honey. The Rose scented 20% Shea does not contain honey and neither does the Almond hand cream which is also a fave of mine!



For feet I am loving the new 25% Shea butter foot cream from L'Occitane! I wish it had the essential oils the old one did but am happy it doesn't have the honey that the 25% shea hand cream has!



In terms of perfume daily I use a doTERRA roll-on called "Motivate" not only because it smells heavenly but also because it really uplifts my mood and gets me moving!
When I want a perfume I reach for my L'Occitane Terre de Lumiere L'Eau or Rose EDT.



HAIR CARE


I still use my hemp shampoo bar every couple of weeks as my only form of shampoo, available on Etsy. I usually just use some good quality Argan oil (Maple Holistics brand) instead of conditioner. I just work it into the ends and then work it up. I also love L'Occitane's Reparing Hair Oil that contains argan oil.



Sometimes I feel like using real conditioner. I love L'Occitane's 1 Minute Intensive Care Conditioner and DeLorenzo's (only available in Australia) "The Ends" Leave in Conditioner. I've also love just using a homemade mask of organic coconut oil and rosemary essential oil and leaving it on my hair for an hour or so before washing out. It can take a couple of washes sometimes but is well work it!



On the rare occasion I style my hair and need some setting products I always go to Pureology first because the quality is great, the smell is great and it's 100% vegan! I've used the hair spray and mousse which are great.





NOTE: I am not paid by any of these brands to advertise, these just the brands I use and love. 

1 comment:

Feel free to message me!