Wednesday 18 January 2012

Raw Food

I'm trying to get back into raw food, for obvious reasons that it's healthy, vegan and generally pretty easy.
I last started in Winter which was stupid because all you want in the colder months is comfort food.

Here's some recipes I've been trying...

Save the Salmon Patties with Hollandaise Sauce



This is one of Ani Phyo's from Ani's Raw Food KitchenThe genius part of this recipe for me was that the main ingredient was carrot juice pulp. As someone who LOVES carrot juice but feels sad throwing out all the lovely pulp it was great to find that Ani has a number of recipes that use it.



Maki with Marinated Spinach and "Peanut" Sauce


This dish from Ani Phyo's Raw Food Essentials was delicious and very filling. I used mushrooms instead of parsnips and it was delicious.



Gazpacho Andaluz



This dish from Ani Phyo's Raw Food Essentials was just like a chunky gazpacho but healthier. I added avocado too because I love it in gazpacho. So refreshing on a hot Summer's night.




Teriyaki Noodles


This dish from Ani Phyo's Raw Food Essentials was really delicious. Refreshing and sweet.


Marinated Portabello Steaks and Brazil-Broccoli Mash served with Mushroom Gravy 



This is one of Ani Phyo's from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. The Mushrooms were delicious and the mash was much tastier than I was expecting, the Brazil nuts and broccoli went well together.




                                            Fettuccini Squash Noodles in Alfredo Sauce



This is one of Ani Phyo's from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. It was really tasty but I cooked for servings and ate two of them which made me feel a bit ill. I used a coffee grinder to grind the nuts to a powder for the sauce.


Using a spiralizer give you the texture or noodles but all the goodness of vegetables. It's amazing how many raw vegetables taste good this way! I bought mine online for around $40.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!