Saturday 20 October 2012

Sweet Iced Tea

One of my favourite drinks that was introduced to me as a teenager when I lived in the south of the USA was homemade sweet iced tea. Depending on strength you might decided to use loose leaf or bags. If you use bags you can adjust the strength, with loose leaf you'll get stronger tea. The sweetness will depend on you, if you usually like 2 teaspoons of sugar in 1 cup of tea then use that ratio.



Sweet Iced Tea

Ingredients

Ratio (for once cup);
1 cup water
1 tsp loose leaf tea/tea bag
1 tsp sugar


Method

I use a large container cause I like to make a 2 litre batch at a time.
In your heat proof container add tea and sugar and pour over boiled water.
Leave to cool before transferring to bottles, straining if using loose leaf.
If you want peach or lemon iced tea then just add slices of fresh lemon or peach to the mixture while hot and remove once cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!