Sunday 25 October 2015

Vegan Irish Stew

This is a slow cooker recipe from Cooksmart that I veganized. You can easily do it in the stove too on a low heat. I've used vegan bratwurst style sausages like Beyond Meat Sausages and that turns out really nice too.


Vegan Irish Stew

Ingredients

1lb Vegan beef chunks or tofu cubes (I used Elianni Veggie Cutlets)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Onions, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
2-4 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (I didn't peel)
2 Tbls rice flour
1 Tbls cooking oil
2Tbls Tomato paste
1 Tbls Soy sauce (I used Tamari)
3 cups vegan beef stock (I used vegan chicken stock)
1/4 cup vegan red wine
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 cup frozen peas


Method

Mix together tomato paste, soy sauce, vegan beef stock and red wine in slow cooker.
Add vegan beef chunks/TVP/tofu, garlic, onions, carrots, potatoes, bay leaves, and black pepper.
Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
Defrost peas in some boiling water and then fold them into stew.
Once peas are heated through the stew remove bay leaves and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!