Friday 17 August 2018

Black Bean Brownies

Original recipe from Minimalist Baker. A hit with all the kids!


Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients

425 g can black beans, well rinsed and drained (I used fresh cooked beans around 1 3/4 cups)
2 large flax eggs (2 heaping Tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp water)
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (or sub other oil of choice)
3/4 cup cocoa powder (I used carob powder because I was cooking them for my toddler)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Heaped 1/2 cup (105 g) organic cane sugar, finely ground. (I used coconut palm sugar)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Optional toppings: crush walnuts, pecans, or dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips (I used hazelnuts)


Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
Lightly grease a 12-slot standard size muffin pan (I used a silicon friand tray).
Prepare flax egg by combining flax and water in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a couple times and then let rest for a few minutes.
Add remaining ingredients (besides walnuts or other toppings) and puree - about 3 minutes - scraping down sides as needed until smooth.
Spoon into muffin tray with room at the top for rising.
Sprinkle with crushed nuts or chocolate chips.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork.
The insides are meant to be fudgy.
Store in fridge or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!