Sunday 2 February 2014

Homemade Shampoo

I was kind of skeptical about making my own shampoo and the consistency was very liquidy but it lathers up so much one you put it on your head, like shaving cream almost (which you can double it up as!). I just reused the castille soap bottle as my shampoo bottle and reserved the rest in a mason jar.You only need a small amount as I found out the hard way. It works really well, it does feel very dry afterwards but I just used some conditioner and it was fine. My hair looked really shiny once it was dry :) Recipe from Vegan Beauty Review.


Homemade Shampoo

Ingredients

1 cup water
1 cup liquid castile soap
2 tsp jojoba or grapeseed oil (optional, see below)
1/8 cup aloe vera gel (optional)
5 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)


Method

Combine all ingredients and put into an old shampoo bottle.
Shake before use and apply directly to your scalp, since it tends to be watery.
You only need a small amount because it lathers up like crazy once you start rubbing your hair.

If your hair is curly or otherwise drier than most types, you can add some aloe vera gel for added moisture.  If your hair tends to be oily, try adding a few drops of lavender or tea tree oil as both are antiseptics and add a little jump to your morning shower.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!