Wednesday 24 May 2017

Whole Foods Cleanse

I am a week into a wholefoods cleanse and I've taken most of my guidelines from The Daniel Fast. There are different sites that all give conflicting information but the basic idea is only wholefoods and no processed food or animal products (which we've obviously already got covered!).
So far I've lost 4lbs so I'm pretty happy! Oil and salt are allowed in small quantities. Juice is allowed as long as it's 100% juice with no sugar added. Some sites say tofu and canned vegetables are ok, and some don't so I'm allowing them in moderation. I'm trying to use tempeh as a substitute for tofu. And no coffee (caffeine), in fact you're only supposed to drink water :(

Here are some of the foods I've been eating;



Jambalaya from The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester


Roast Vegetables  with olive oil, salt and rosemary (potato, garlic, rutabaga & beets)


Bowl with Tempeh, Spinach & Brown Rice, with a sauce made from Tamari, sesame oil, coconut aminos & sesame seeds.




Mash potatoes (using just almond milk, salt, pepper & garlic) and mustard greens


Red curry with vegetables and brown rice. The red curry comes from a Fresh Jax mix of spices and is mixed with some homemade stock and coconut milk.



Entering the third and final week now! I've lost 5lbs already which I'm pretty happy about! I think I'll definitely try to keep eating this way at least 80% of the time. I'm not sure I'd be completely happy NEVER having any processed food, but cutting them down to occasional is definitely a better option!

Here's some foods I ate last week...

Had homemade hummus and guacamole with raw vegetables when a friend came over.



Had a salad with leftovers vegetables from the kids taco night plus I added marinaded tempeh and a tahini sauce (sweetened with prune juice instead of agave).


 Roast vegetables again...sweet potato, potato, mushrooms and asparagus


Tempeh, spinach and millet with soy sauce, sesame oil and liquid smoke marinade.


Bruschetta with Avocado in Romaine leaves.


Ok so after 21 days I ended up losing 3lbs which is something at least. I certainly think that eating more wholefoods and saving the processed stuff for occasional use is the best move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!