Monday 4 May 2020

Baked Donut Holes

This is based on a Cara Reed recipe which didn't quite work out for me so I changed some things and then they turned out pretty good! I had a hankering for donuts but with no yeast I thought I'd try the baking route. I’ve used a silicon donut tray to make oven donuts too! Pics below :)


Baked Donut Holes

Ingredients

1/2 Cup vegan brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup tapicoa starch
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 cup non-dairy milk + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, leave for 5 minutes
1 1/2 tsp egg replacer + 2 Tbls mix until frothy
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Topping
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
1/2 cup vegan sugar
2 Tbls cinnamon


Method

Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
If you need to grease your mold do so. I used a mini quiche silicon mold (approx. 3cm diameter) so I don't need to.
Mix the dry ingredients together well in a bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients and add to the dry, mixing well with a spoon.
Add more milk if needed.
Spoon mixture into mold or use a piping bag to pipe onto a baking sheet.
Bake for around 15 minutes, checking with a knife to see if cooked through.
Bake longer if needed.
Once removed from oven allow to cool enough to touch.
In one bowl mix our sugar and cinnamon.
In another bowl have your melted butter.
One at a time dredge the donut hole in the butter, using a brush if desired and then dredging in the sugar & cinnamon mix until covered.
Plate and serve :)






10 min longer in oven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!