Tuesday 8 January 2013

Date Balls

This recipe comes courtesy of my mother in law, Becky. I'm not sure I make them right just yet but they still taste pretty good to me! My husband seems to think the secret is less butter and more rice crispies. This recipe makes about 50 balls.


Date Balls

Ingredients

113g of dairy free butter (I used Nuttalex)
1 cup (225g) caster sugar
450g chopped dates
2 cups rice crispies (I bought gluten free ones)
1 cup (225g) chopped pecans
Confectioners/powdered sugar for rolling (apparently our closest equivalent is icing sugar mixture but I used pure icing sugar which is apparently hard to find in the US)


Method

In a medium saucepan boil sugar, butter and dates for 8mins.
Dates should melt into mixture.
Take off heat and stir through rice crispies and pecans.
Shape them into small balls and roll in confectioners sugar.
Place in cases and refridgerate to keep shape.
Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!