Saturday 19 August 2017

Artisan Vegan Cheese

No doubt by now you've heard of Miyoko's Cremery, fabulous vegan nut cheeses available all over the US now (and beyond). Artisian Vegan Cheese by Miyoko Schinner was one of the first vegan cheese cookbook I bought, long before her cheeses were available to buy. I tried once and wasn't happy with the result and I think it came down to the rejulevac. I found this YouTube video which helped fill in the gaps which the book left out, for me anyway! You can also use rye, quinoa, buckwheat, or other grains. Wheat, rye and quinoa seem to make the best rejuvelac apparently but obviously being gluten intolerant the wheat and rye were out. So i actually used amaranth grain and it seemed to work pretty well! I made the Pub Cheddar with Chives, Hard Gruyere, Boursin (Herb cheese) and Brie (with Peppercorns).



This is the Pub Cheddar with chives which was probably my favourite.


This is the Hard Gruyere 


Boursin (Herb cheese) and Brie (with Peppercorns)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!