Friday 26 June 2020

Raw Food Cleanse

So I felt like I needed a reboot so I did a five day raw vegan cleanse. I started every morning with a fresh juice and then around lunchtime I would eat a raw meal and then again for dinner. For snacks I would eat fruit/veg (usually blueberries, cherry tomatoes or grapes). One night I was craving something sweet so I made some "nice cream" from bananas, medjool dates and mango which turned out pretty runny because the bananas were the only frozen part. Here's a recipe for one I've made before which was pretty good though (just replace sweetener with dates and soy milk with homemade nut milk). I still had a black coffee most mornings but beside that I had ALL raw. I lost about 4lbs which I was happy with and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Especially the juices in the morning. I LOVE JUICE!!! Even though by day five I was craving a homemade pizza and GF beer I definitely think after my cheat night I'll continue next week. I got most of my fruit/veg from a local company that delivers local product (you choose what you want) so it was very convenient!


Fresh juice every morning (a combination of what I had in the fridge; carrots, kale/spinach, orange, apple, pineapple, cucumber, ginger, lemon, radish)


Fruit Salad with banana, raspberries and mango. Sprinkled with orange blossom water.






I used left over of the butternut noodle sauce with some romaine in a nori sheet.


Raw Caprese Salad (recipe for raw mozzarella)




Zucchini Noodles with avocado pesto


I made my own cashew nut milk for the Chia Seed pudding :)


Simple Chia Seed Pudding (I used dates in the nut milk so I had no sweetner (chia seeds, cashew milk, vanilla extract, raspberries)


Simple Guac (Avocado, lemon juice, tomato, salt & pepper) with cucumber, green peppers and carrots for dipping.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!