Sunday 18 September 2011

Stuffed Zucchini Flowers

This is really easy but looks super impressive. I bought my flowers from North Sydney Markets but I've also seen them at good green grocers like Thomas Dux.


Stuffed Zucchini Flowers


Ingredients

6-8 zucchini flowers
20g vegan parmesan
100g vegan cream cheese
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
125g GF flour (I used brown rice flour and quinoa flour)
225ml sparkling mineral water, cold
Any fresh herbs you like, I used;
1 Tbls chives, chopped
1 Tbls basil, chopped
1 tsp dill


Method

Remove pistil or stamen from the flowers, keep stalk.
Mix cream cheese, salt, herbs, parmesan cheese and nutmeg in a bowl.
Place mixture in a piping bag and pipe mixture into each flower folding the petals over the top.
In a bowl whisk flour and sparkling mineral water together.
In a deep pan heat as much oil as you like (ideally you want to deep fry but shallow frying on both sides is fine too).
When oil is bubbling dip flowers in batter and place in pan, evenly spread out.
They should only take a few seconds on each side.
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!