Saturday 8 October 2011

Strawberry Jam (using jam setting sugar)

I saw some strawberries on special and we needed strawberry jam so I thought I'd try to make some. It was very easy and much less time consuming than the marmalade. This recipe made enough for 6 medium jars.
                                     I got these labels from Autumn Leah Designs.



I got these labels from Blue Sugar Press



Strawberry Jam (using jam setting sugar)

Ingredients

1kg strawberries, washed and chopped
1kg jam sugar (I used CSR Jam Sugar)
1/2 cup lemon juice


Method

Sterilise your jam jars and lids by placing on a tray in a 120˚C oven for 10-20mins.
Add all ingredients to a large pot and stir on a low heat until sugar has melted.
Turn heat up to medium-high and bring to boil.
Turn down to low- medium and simmer for 10-15mins.
Do the crinkle test by pouring a spoonful onto a saucer and placing in fridge or freezer until cooled and then touching with your fingers. If it crinkles then the jam is set, if it is still liquid then allow jam to boil again for another 10 minutes.
Take jam off the heat and allow to cool slightly before dispensing into sterilised jars.
Wait for jam to be cool down to warm before sealing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!