Monday 27 February 2012

Creamy Vegan Carbonara

I had some white sauce left over from last night's dinner so I tried to make a carbonara inspired pasta dish. Alternatively you can leave out the vegan ham and just make an alfredo style sauce. Note: my pasta was green because I used lentil pasta.




Creamy Vegan Carbonara

Ingredients

White sauce
1 Tbls Nutritional yeast flakes
1 Tbls olive oil
Vegan ham, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Parsley, chopped (optional)
GF Pasta


Method

In a large saucepan boil the water for the pasta and cook as per instructions.
In a medium frying pan heat oil on a medium heat and fry onions for 2 mins.
Add garlic and ham and fry until ham is crispy on the outside and the onion is clear.
To heated white sauce add nutritional flakes and whisk through.
Once cooked take off heat and whisk through white sauce.
Combine sauce with well drained pasta, toss through parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!