Wednesday 17 July 2013

Sweet Garlic Eggplant

This Chinese dish is great as a side or a main. For a main I suggest adding more vegetables such as squash, zucchini and potato. Serve with rice. This recipe serves about 4-6 as a main and 8 as a side.



Sweet Garlic Eggplant

Ingredients

3 medium eggplants
7 Tbls vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped finely
6 tsp caster suagr
6 tsp soy sauce (I used Tamari)
6 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbls dry sherry


Method

Cut the eggplants into 1/2 cubes.
Heat 3 Tbls of oil in a wok or large frying pan.
On a medium/high heat cook the eggplant (you may need to do it in batches) until browned and soft.
Remove from heat.
In a separate saucepan heat the other 3 Tbls oil and fry the garlic until golden.
Add sugar, sherry, soy sauce and vinegar and bring to boil.
Add mixture back to the eggplant and simmer for 3 minutes until sauce is absorbed.
Serve with steamed rice.



3 comments:

  1. May I recommend using Bragg Liquid Aminos as a natural substitute for the soy sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recommend away Unknown! I usually use Tamari (salt reduced if I can find it). I use Braggs Liquid Aminos in a number of things but they definitely have a different taste so it's up to you. Feel free to substitute whatever you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing information about food blogs. I like your post. Now visit on www.ramonascuisine.com. If you want delicious recipes.

    creamy fish soup chowder

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to message me!