Monday 4 February 2013

Chocolate Cake with Fondant

This was for a very special friend of mine who turned 13. I made her the Best Chocolate Cake last year and she was too sick to eat it so her brother very kindly ate it all before she was well enough to try it. This year I made the same cake base but used fondant icing instead of butter icing.

I took a 10cm x 8cm block of fondant and microwaved it for 20 seconds. Then I kneaded in the food colouring and rolled it out on some baking paper and then cut the circle out. Once the cake cooled I placed the circle of fondant on top. If you want the sides done too you need to make sure the fondant is still warm when you place it over the cake or else the icing will crack. I just used Queen's writing icing to pretty up the sides and write with and sprinkled over the decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!