Tuesday 19 February 2013

Roast Capsicum, Onion & Rosemary "Quiche"


I made this recipe up yesterday and I was really impressed with how it turned out! Usually my first attempts are tragic but this time the vegan gods smiled on me :)
If you have any vegan grated cheese, this would taste amazing as well.


Roasted Capsicum, Onion & Rosemary Quiche

Ingredients

750g firm tofu
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped)
2 spring onions, finely chopped (the ones with the big white bulbs, not skinny ones)
2 Tbls fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 medium jar roasted capsicum, drained)
1 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls nutritional yeast
250g vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
½ cup gluten free flour
2 egg replacers (as per packet instructions)
2 tsp salt

Crust;
2 cups gluten free flour
2 Tbls vegan margarine (I used Nuttalex)
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used rice milk)


Method

Preheat oven to 180C.
In bowl combine crust flour and margarine and rub between your fingers until they resemble breadcrumbs.
Add the amount of milk you think it needs, should still be crumbly but should compact well to form dough.
Pour mixture into a greased pie tin. (I also put baking paper on the bottom).
If you have a spring form tin that works the best cause it's easier to get the quiche out at the end.
Place in oven for 10-15mins to crisp up.
Ina large frying pan heat olive oil on a medium heat and add onions and garlic.
Once onion is clear and cooked through add capsicum and heat through.
Crumble in the tofu (or break up in a food processor) and add to pan. Allow to heat through and then remove from heat.
Once mixture is cool enough to touch mix in remaining ingredients until combined. I use my hands.
Pour mixture into the pie tin and press down firmly on the surface. 
Bake for an hour at 180. Or until cooked through and browned slightly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!