Wednesday 14 November 2012

Spring Vegetable Soup

I wanted to make Potato & Leek soup but alas had no potatoes...I know, so sad. So I thought I'd use every vegetable I had left in the fridge and turned them into this hearty but light vegetable soup.




Spring Vegetable Soup
Serves  4-6

Ingredients

1 bunch dutch carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 leeks, chopped
1 cup peas (I used frozen)
2 handfuls button mushrooms, chopped
2 handfuls English spinach
1 tin brown lentils
1 tin white beans
2 litres vegetable stock
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 Tbls olive oil


Method

In a large pot heat the oil on a medium-high heat and add onion.
When onion starts to look clear add leeks and carrots and stir 2 mins.
Add the stock and turn heat up to boil.
Once soup is boiling add all other ingredients and turn heat down to a simmer.
Cover and simmer for 15mins.
Serve and enjoy.


Note: If you store this overnight the spinach will turn it very green. If this offends you I suggest omitting the spinach or blending the soup the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!