Thursday 1 November 2012

Vegan Wines

Ah vegan wine time, why so difficult!

Besides the vegan brands like Temple Bruer, we can just read the back of the label to find out if a wine sold in Australia is vegan.  Yay! However when you're just running into the bottle shop to grab one for dinner you don't want to spend ages there (my brother was ready to kill me the last time we went to choose wine for a dinner out). You also are limited so you're taking a risk on it even being good. I've been caught out many a time with a crappy wine just cause I picked the first vegan one I found.

So to avoid looking like a pain in the arse and in the interest of saving time I compiled a list in my phone of the ones I've enjoyed and now I'm sharing with you. You're welcome! If you're lucky I may even update it...
Here's my pick of the best (in the opinion of my uneducated palate);

  • Catalina Sounds Sauvignon Blanc (NZ) - $20
  • De Bortoli Windy Peak Pinot Grigio, (Vic, Aust) - $11
  • Brown Brothers Sauvignon Blanc 2010, (Vic, Aust) - $20
  • Mount Riley Pinot Gris, (NZ) - $20
  • Marlborough Ridge Sauvignon Blanc 2011 (NZ) - $14 
  • Yalumba Viognier Cullen, (SA, Aust) - $20
  • Dopff Au Moulin Riesling, (Alsace, France) - $14
  • Taylors Riesling 2011, (SA, Aust) - $15
  • Dante Gabriel Pinot Gris, (ACT, Aust) - $18
  • Sandalford Estate Reserve Verdehlo, (WA, Aust) - $19 
  • Loire Sauvignon Blanc 2012 La Promesse, (France) - $14
  • Monowai Sauvignon Blanc 2012 (NZ) - $10


My favourite...YUM


Note: I love Australia/New Zealand wines but you get a lot more vegan choice with the European wines. So if you're in a hurry check them first, the probabity of find a vegan one is greatly increased!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!