Wednesday 23 April 2014

Healthy "Chicken" Noodle Soup

This recipe I got from my work page but they seemed to get it from Can you Stay For Dinner. I had to veganise it obviously :)



Healthy "Chicken" Noodle Soup
Serves 4
Calories per serve: 273

Ingredients

4-5 lbs vegan chicken (I used Beyond Meat)
2 quarts vegan chicken broth
4 large carrots, roughly chopped
4 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs parsley
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups cooked GF pasta of choice
2 cups frozen sweet peas, thawed


Method

In a large stock pot bring 2 quarts of vegan chicken broth to boil.
Add vegan chicken, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves, salt, black pepper, and fresh thyme then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove the bay leaves and thyme.
Stir in cooked pasta, parsley and peas and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!