Friday 11 April 2014

Whipped Shea Butter Moisturizer

I got this recipe from Whole New Mom. I actually found it very oily to put on and it took an hour at least for it to not feel greasy. I think it would be a great body butter for a lazy Sunday when you can have a bath then moisturize then walk around in a robe for hours but for the busy morning before work it's a little too oily for me. Don't want to stain my clothes!



Whipped Shea Butter Moisturizer

Ingredients
Yields 10 ounces

12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) shea butter.
4 tablespoons plant oil (coconut, jojoba, plum kernel etc)
5-10 drops essential oil - optional (Carrot seed oil and lavender have skin nourishing properties as well)

Method 

Place shea butter and oil combination in mixing bowl.
Begin the whipping process. Stop when you have achieved desired consistency. This takes several minutes at least.
Add essential oil before distributing cream to containers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!