Sunday 19 October 2014

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

I'm slowly replacing my expensive vegan household products with homemade vegan products to save money and the environment. Plus I know exactly what's going in there! I got this recipe from DIY Natural.



Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

Ingredients

2 cup borax (use a brand that doesn't test on animals such as Mountain Rose Herbs)
2 cup washing soda/baking soda (use a brand that doesn't test on animals such as Mountain Rose Herbs, Brambleberry or Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup citric acid
1 cup kosher salt (for scrubbing action)


Method

Each batch yields 24 ounces of detergent.
Store in an airtight container.
Use 1 Tbsp per load (you can use a heaping tablespoon if you feel the need, but we do not).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!