Wednesday 3 August 2011

Cauliflower Soup

This is one of my Grandmother's recipes that I loved as a child. One of the few Hungarian dishes I didn't have to veganize! Definitely a staple in our house, everyone loves it (although the kids insist on it being pureed!)


Cauliflower Soup
Serves 4
Calories per Serve: 124

Ingredients

1 Head of Cauliflower (broken into florets)
3 Carrots – chopped into rounds
1 Onion – finely chopped
½ tsp Paprika
1/2 cup chopped parsley
Vegetable Stock
2 Tbls oil

Method

In a large saucepan heat a little oil and fry onions & carrots and cook on medium heat until soft.
Add a little water.
Take off heat and add paprika, cauliflower, parsley and enough water to cover all vegetables.
Add comparable stock to water ration. I usually end up with around 6 cups of stock.
cook on medium until cauliflower is soft, around 20-30 mins.
Serve with a spoon of vegan sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!