Wednesday 17 August 2011

Pumkpin & Spinach Risotto

I can't remember where I got this recipe from but I changed it a bit. Sorreeeey



Pumkpin & Spinach Risotto

Ingredients

1 cup aborio rice
1 onion diced
2 Tbls garlic, crushed
2 cups spinach of your choice (I used kale)
2 Tbls olive oil
salt & pepper for seasoning


For Pumpkin Puree (blended smooth);
1 cup cooked pumkpin
1 cup cooked sweet potato
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup water
2 Tbls vege stock


Method

In a large pot heat oil on medium-high and cook onion & garlic until soft.
Add rice and mix to coat in oil.
Fold in the pumpkin puree. Cook on a low-medium heat and add water as needed until risotto is cooked. Add spinach at the end and cook until wiltered.

Note: I used stock intead of water for the extra but it was a bit salty so better to use water and add salt or stock to taste afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!