Wednesday 3 August 2011

Chile Con Non-Carne

This is a quick and easy recipe for cold days and uses normally what I already have in the house. My recipe (with some professional tweaks) is currently being featured at the Brisbane Brewing Co. thanks to my talented chef cousins, Tim & Dan Searle! Made 4 serves.


Ingredients
400g Tomatoes (I used canned because I'm lazy)
1 large onion - finely chopped
5 cloves garlic
2 cups vege mince
1 tin red kidney beans - washed and drained
1/2 green pepper/capsicum chopped
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tbls tomato puree
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/4 cup water
salt & pepper - seasoning
1 Tbls oil

Method
Heat oil in a frying pan on a medium/high heat. Fry oinion & garlic until onion is clear.
Add vegan mince and fry until heated through.
Reduce heat to low then add tomato puree, herbs and spices and stir through.
Add all ingredients except the green capsicum. Leave on low heat, covered for 45mins.
Add green capsicum & water and simmer for a few minutes.
Serve with bread, crackers or croutons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me!